Monday, April 11, 2011

I love to see the temple!


A few weeks ago I got a call on a Thursday asking our little family to sing in church on Sunday...although it wasn't much notice, I told them we'd do it! After much contemplation we decided that just Brit and I would sing since Braden would never just stand up there and Ty thinks he can't sing:) Ever since Britain was little, I've sang primary songs to him every night. His favorite is "I Love to See the Temple." Since he knows that one so well I thought we'd stand and sing that one. We practiced and he was excited and we even practiced with the microphone the Saturday before. Well, the day came and he walked up very confidently and we started singing. As I watched him standing there, he suddenly looked so big and I suddenly was overwhelmed with emotion. This was my baby. I rocked him to sleep, had been there every day of his life to help him grow and learn and now he suddenly looked like a grown missionary and my heart ached with the hope that he really would someday go to the temple and live up to every standard of the gospel. I know time will pass too fast and I pray that I can keep teaching my children the gospel so that they desire to live it and have a strong testimony of what it really means to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
All of this was going through my head while singing and I broke down. I cried and cried and couldn't sing a note! He did a good job singing without me though and kept looking at me like," Mom what's your deal?" but then would look back at the crowd!

I'm grateful for this little memory and to my Heavenly Father for letting me have that special moment to remember what it means to me to be a mom and to teach my children how to be happy...I'm afraid my emotions are getting a lot worse the older I get but I just love my boys SO much!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's such a great moment. How cool to watch your children's testimonies grow.

Melanie said...

That is so precious! You are sure raising good boys. What a wonderful moment for you to treasure forever!

Kristin said...

This post made me cry. I'm getting soft in my old age, too. How sweet.